Friday, March 25, 2011

Why does my Purple look Blue?!?!

This week's CR84FN Challenge has one of my favourite colours . . . purple!

If I were to do my wedding all over again (to the same wonderful man, of course), I'd go with that deep purple.  I did go with a silvery lavendar, but the colour of those dresses in the inspiration pic is so rich and beautiful!

Any way . . . when I saw these fab colours, I knew I wanted to CASE this stunning card by the amazing Joy Taylor (you've MUST check her blog--her work regularly makes my jaw drop!)


I really loved how Joy made this hydrangea POP, and I also loved the text behind the stunning flower.  So, I created the following card: 
The only problem is that when I went to go photograph it, the flower appears blue.  I SWEAR, in real life, the flower is purple and lavendar.  I used purple markers and a grey toned Copic (don't own any purple Copics yet) to colour in the flower.  However, no matter what setting I used on my camera, or what lighting I used, that darn flower appeared blueish--eeesh.

So, I thought I'd also submit this card for the challenge.  I made it a while back.


I hope I get some time to craft this weekend, but I think I'll be spending most of it grading my students' assignments :( 
 

Thanks 4 your time!

8 comments:

  1. ALL of these cards are fabulous Tammy! Love those beautifully colored flowers and the sweet tag on the second! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, I have the exact same problem, and have complained about it a couple of times......I have no idea why.....it's not just my computer screen, it looks bluish through my camera lens, too......though my eye says it's purple/lavender.

    No matter, it's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful coloring on the hydrangea, and I love the background. Great tag card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tammy, I BELIEVE you about the purple! LOVE the flower and how you colored it! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally love your hydrangea - the colouring is fab! Taking photos can be a pain!! Love the text backing too! Great card. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, Tammy! The hydrangeas are gorgeous and love the sweet tag and polka dots on the second.. Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy these cards are GORGEOUS!!! WOW! Those hydrangeas are fantastic! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN! Wonderful take on the challenge colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!