Sunday, August 14, 2011

2SF Guest Designer!!

Okay--so, I'm a bit late with this post, but settling into the new house + a bit of time away at the cottage has left no time for being on the computer.  Alas, here I am with an exciting post (for me, anyway). 

A few months ago, the lovely Joanne and Carolyn at Two Scrapbook Friends asked me if I would like to be a Guest Designer.  Humbled and over-joyed, I jumped at the chance!! So this August, they featured me and some of my projects on their blog.  They gave me some yummy products to work with; here they are:
 Confession--I didn't have any photos that I thought would work with this berry paper, so I have to admit, I grabbed a bowl of strawberries and brought my youngest, Caden, outside for a photo shoot.  I can always count on him for some great photos.
 Here's a close up of the berry embellisment.  I added glitter to the leafy stem, and added Glossy Accents to the berry to compliment the shine from the glittered Thickers.
 Here's a card--embossed with a Tim Holtz woodgrain embossing folder.  The stamped sentiment and die-cut frame is from My Favorite Things stamp set (which I picked up at 2SF, and I LOVE it!!!)
 When I saw the peach die-cut in the embellisment pack I got, I knew I had to pair it with this sweet sentiment from PTI's Signature Greetings.  The dotted green paper is recycled from the packaging of the die-cut embellishment package.  You know me; I love to recycle!
 When I saw the berry-themed paper, all I could think of was Sweedish berries (maybe, I was a bit hungry), so I made up this small mason-jar filled birthday treat.  The tag could easily be changed for any occasion (thank-you, get-well, teacher, etc). 
 You could make such packages with all sorts of candy!  A walk down the candy aisle at Bulk Barn is inspiration enough.  I love Peach Slices myself, but when I got the die-cut watermelon from 2SF, I couldn't resist picking up the Melon slice gummies to make this "sweet" bag (sorry--bad photo):

Hope you liked my creations!  Hoping to craft today for the first time in well over a month.  My new craft space is nearly set up--super excited about creating in it.  I'm planning to hang up my framed stain-glass in front of my window today so I can take some photos of the space (I call it "space" and not a "room" because it's actually a nook upstairs next to all the bedrooms).  Stay tuned for a post in the next few days where I'll share those photos!!

Have a great Sunday!

Thanks 4 your time!

5 comments:

  1. First of all, congrats on your new home! Your guest design with Two Scrapbooking Friends look AWESOME!! Love all the projects! I offered my help at tow Scrapbooking Friends with the SRM Stickers at Scrapfest back in April, but was so NOT needed! They have LOTS of talent apparently! So glad that you are part of their guest design! Can't wait to see your craft space!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an inspiration filled post! My favorite is the mason jar full of candy-a perfect country goodness idea if you are short on time or cooking skills (like me!). Congrats on your guest spot too, so well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats, tammy!! i missed this post and its full of cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job your did on this DT stuff!! I always love looking at your creations Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work girl... so great having you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!