Wednesday, August 22, 2012

LRW#147 -- Upcycle

Happy Wednesday! It's my turn this week to host the challenge over at Little Red Wagon . . .

    My challenge for you is: RECYCLE any household items (or other items you wouldn't normally find in your favourite papercrafting store or aisle).

    For those of you who visit my blog often enough and know my style, I'm ALL about being frugal and UP-cycling items. I've been known to use the top of Klennex boxes, magazine images, clothing tags, etc. The possibilities are really endless . . . coffee filters, toothpicks, bottle caps, packaging, etc.

 I have small stash of clothing tags reserved to use on my projects, so for today's piece, I chose this rugged tag from H&M:
It's not the focus of my layout, but it does add some texture and another layer to my page: 
   To clarify my title, my family is Portuguese (YES, hard to believe when I'm a red-head, but it's true!). The word "joia" means jewel--both my boys are my precious jewels (my DH suggested I add gems to the page--gotta give him credit for that). I call Caden my "little joia" and my older son Owen my "big joia"
 I added the definition strip so Caden would never forget the nickname's meaning:

So go on scour your house (beyond your scrappy place) and think of a way to RECYCLE an item into a beautiful papercrafting project. Then head on over the LRW blog to link it up there.Be sure to also visit our other DT member's blogs for some great inspiration.

Thanks 4 your time!

9 comments:

  1. Wow Tammy! Your layout is gorgeous and the tag works perfectly on your page! Thanks for a fun challenge :)
    Joanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable Tammy...what a sweet picture and I love the hearfelt title with meaning...everything I love on a scrapbook page...you husband has quiet the creative eye!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a gorgeous layout Tammy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it...I have been hoarding some clothing tags too...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is all kinds of gorgeous, Tammy! The photo is just beautiful and so is the story. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful, Tammy! That picture is stunning, and all your little bits and pieces just highlight it more! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful layout! Great upcycling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you added the definition. Lovely layout!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!