Sunday, December 23, 2012

Merry CHRISTmas!!

I normally don't post anything political on my blog, but I was inspired by this video clip from one of our Members of Parliment in Canada's House of Commons. (see below)
     I've always been proud to be Canadian and how we embrace all cultures; afterall, my parents are Portuguese emigrants and in our community, we always celebrated Portuguese traditions and our heritage.  However, when it comes to Christmas, even Canada has succumbed to the political correctness of taking the "Christ" out of Christmas.  As a Christian, I've always been offended by this.  If all cultures and faiths have the right to celebrate freely, then why can't I as a Christian?
   It's been great this year to see some of the political "correctness" (or more aptly "paranoia) be put aside as I see many retailers in our area (including Tim Horton's) boast "Merry Christmas" banners, and this address from a British Columbia MP also finally addressed what I've been thinking for so long (which is why I decided to post it):


And since you came here hoping for some crafty projects, I thought I'd post a couple of Christmas cards that proudly display the word "Christmas"



If I don't get back on here before Tuesday, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!!
May your hearts and homes be filled with peace, love and happiness!


Thanks 4 your time!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards! I especially like the first one.

    I enjoyed the video as well. 'Round here everyone says "Merry Christmas" with no apologies. But that could just be small town ideology, and the fact that we don't have much in the way of multiculturalism here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!