Friday, October 30, 2009

365 Cards--Day #244-3 Transparent Items

So yesterday was my first 365 challenge, and I've just finished today's.  This is dangerous; I think I'm hooked ;)
Today's challenge was to "Use at least 3 different items that are transparent to a degree - plastic, buttons, vellum . . ." .  I created a Holiday card.  I saw the red/brown/cream colour combo on someone's blog the other day (forgot to save the link though) and really wanted to try it.  I also challenged myself to use my scraps--which I did, except for the notecard.
The 3 transparent items I used were:  Vellum window with stamped snowflakes; Ribbon; and the semi-transparent button.



Supplies:
Paper: red notecard, Dollar store; cream cardstock is repurposed sticker packaging; brown cardstock is from my stash   Stamps: snowflake and sentiment, Inkadinkado   Ink: Frost White and Dark Brown, Colorbox  Embellishments:  ribbon, Bridal Elegance; button, my stash

1 comment:

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!