Thursday, October 29, 2009

Moxie Fab World: Plum Crazy Challenge

I just made this card last night for a friend whose grandmother just passed away, and then Cathy posted this Plum colour challenge today.  I've fallen in love with this colour in the last few months--first when I bought the dress I'm wearing in my family photo you can see on my sidebar.  There's something regal yet fun about the colour.  I found the hydrangea petals at the bottom of an old craft box I had in storage--I used them for my wedding 6 years ago.  I love the richness of the plum with the softness of the lavendar paired together.




Supplies:
Paper: grey notecard, DCWV; cream cardstock, Recollections; denim patterned paper, ??   Ink: Distress Ink-Walnut Stain; Colorbox-Dragonfly Black; Top Boss Embossing Stamp Pad   Stamps: "my sympathy", Heidi Grace-Greetings; flower border stamp repeated on cream, Stampology   Embellishments: brad, Making Memories; flowers from my craft stash; ribbon--get this!--repurposed from the ribbon stitched inside a sweater I bought--you know, the ribbon on the shoulder seam to help you hang up the sweater on a hanger--huh?

I'm thinking I'll have to put in a couple of entries for this challenge since I found more "plum" goodies on my scrap-shop trip today--stay tuned!

4 comments:

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!