Wednesday, October 21, 2009

New to the Blogging World! -- Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #18

So I'm new to the blogging world--call me a Blog Virgin, if you will--so please bear with me . . . 
I absolutely love Dawn McVey's cards, so why not have my first post be a response to one of her card challenges--Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #18:


. . . and here's the card I created:


Now, the colour in the photo is making the raspberry look more orange (sorry).

Supplies-- this is where I'm the novice--I don't always keep packaging/labels, so I've forgotten where half of them have come from.
Cardstock: I bought the green cardstock at a garage sale, so I have no clue as to name of colour or company; Raspberry patterned cardstock ???
Stamps: Border stamp repeated on cream cardstock--Stampology Border Stamps; "thanks a bunch" stamp--See-D's Phrases Collection
Ink: ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink--Dark Brown; Distress Ink Walknut Stain
Embellishments: Ribbon--Offray Antique White; Pink jewels--local Dollar store

Yay--I did it--losing my Blog Virginity was not so bad ;)

12 comments:

  1. This card is super cute!
    Question...any chance your hubby's name is Marc? I went to teachers college with a Marc Frayne who got married shortly after, and I believe has two sons! If so, SMALL WORLD!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy,
    Gorgeous card - welcome to the world of blogging...I just started in July - very addictive and relaxing at the same time! Does that make sense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa--it is indeed a small world! You did go to Teacher's College with my husband Mark. He's teaching Phys. Ed now at a local high school. Are you teaching? I like your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous patterns used in this and love the rhinestones next to the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card. I love the stamp, thanks a bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card! Love the background pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card! I love your mix of patterns & the scallop edging is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! LOVE all the stamping! Now that you've lost your virginity - there will be no end to the amount of time you spend on the computer posting and leaving comments for others and reading and ........

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is awesome... so glad you posted your 'first' time with such an elegant one! Don't worry too much about the 'ingredients' to your cards - just enjoy making them ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty! I love the patterns! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - this is so pretty! Your mixture of patterns and the distressed edges are such lovely touches. Great job. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!