Wednesday, December 2, 2009

365 Cards--Day #274 & #275

Wow!  I was so excited about my card getting selected for the Top Trio yesterday on the 365 Cards blog!!  I only started participating in the challenges a couple of weeks ago, so that news had me walking with a bit more of a spring in my step all day yesterday.  Thanks 365!!

I was so busy all last week, so I missed a bunch of challenges, but I want to try to get all of this week's done (now that all my Christmas shopping is done, it might actually happen) . . . any way, here are my cards for Sunday and Monday's challenges . . .

Day #274 Super Sketchy Sunday
Here's the sketch:

Michaels had Clear Stamps set 40% off this week!!! So I picked up a cute Christmas Glamour set from TPC Studio.  I had to stop myself from buying more ;)  This set also has some great damask prints and flourishes on it that I can use all year long, so it was well worth it.  Here`s my card which uses the damask type print and a sentiment from that set (the sentiment is on one line, but I did some masking to split the sentiment so as to fit on my centre block:



Day #275 -- 'Tis the Season
  The challenge was simply to use lots of Red and Green on your card.  Now, I don't know about "lots"; I'm more of a clean and simple style card maker, so I have 2 cards for this challenge.
  For Card #1 I used the same stamp set I mentioned above.  I heat embossed the ornaments with cream embossing powder (BTW-there is another ornament in this set that I didn't use--too long my card).  The PP is from My Mind's Eye Sweet Dreams Holiday Avenue pack (I used the same PP in the card above). Sure, there isin't alot of green--only the ribbon (Wrights), but when I tried mounting the cream cardstock onto some green, I didn't like it.  I also thought of adding some greed rhinestones to the ornaments, but they didn't look right either.



Card #2 also uses a lot more red than green.  I made this a while ago (I think I also posted it here on my blog with a some Christmas card sets I made--but never submitted it to a challenge).  Super easy card to make.  Recollections paper for the card, and some cute K&Company glittered die cuts.  I stamped "sweet" and distressed the card edges with white ink, and used a white gel pen to hand write the rest of the sentiment.



Well . . . off to get dinner "prep"ed; hope to have some time this evening to tackle yesterday's and today's challenges.

Thanks 4 your time!

2 comments:

  1. Card #2 is my fav of this bunch! wooohooo - Congrats on winning top three!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab cards, Tammy! I think you used just the right amounts of red and green :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!