Tuesday, December 29, 2009

365 Cards -- Day #304 Sounds Great

WELCOME 365 Cards participants!!  I'm so delighted and honoured that Pam selected my idea for Day #304.  I was excited about this card inspiration challenge, and I can't wait to see what the rest of you come up with!

I'm a fan of the T.V. show Glee, and when I picked up the soundtrack about a month ago, the cover left me with some card-making inspiration.  Here's the CD cover:



A bit tacky, I know, I know; I mean, come-on, yellow and red?!?!  Nevertheless, it left me inspired.  However, to be completely honest, I'm not 100% satisfied with the following card I created.  I wanted to make another, but with the hustle and bustle of the Holidays, I never got around to it.  Hopefully, I'll have time today to create another.

I used my Cricut--George Cartridge to cut out "Thanks" with the red shadow cut-out (although I really like how the red shadow stands out in the "glee" letters).  I want to try it with a "hello" sentiment so there is more shadow showing.  The yellow paper is actually repurposed from an envelope I got in the mail--closest I had to that yellow. 

The coloured backgrounds behind the actors' photos on the soundtrack inspired the different coloured flowers --which are from a Scrapbooking tote package I got last Christmas--can't remember the manufacturer (sorry).  Brads are Making Memories.  I stamped the stems and inked the yellow edges with Distress Ink in Walnut Stain.  I also added the faux stitching with a white gel pen--although I won't have to faux stitch for long--Santa brought me a sewing maching for Christmas!!

Any way--simple card to make!  I'm planning to go through all my CDs and DVD covers for further inspiration!

Thanks 4 your time!

5 comments:

  1. very pretty, and very cheering - it's dark, cold and wet outside (and it's only lunchtime), and it's really nice to see something so happy looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a great idea - using CD covers as layouts! Very inspiring. I like your card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the inspiration! I love glee, so I had to play along--great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fantastic card for the photo :) i have never heard of glee, but dont watch tv so no surprise there! lol congrats on the gd spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one great inspirational CD cover. Lovely card that you created too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!