Wednesday, December 9, 2009

365 Cards--Day #284 DIY

Been off the 365 challenges the last few days--Holiday "busy"ness!  But tomorrow is my hubby's birthday (it's mine too actually--yes we share the same birthday), and I had to make him a card.  I figured, I may as well link it to a challenge.  Day 284 Challenge is a DIY--"Design your own sketch and create a card based on that sketch."

So here is my sketch--rough one indeed:



And here's my card:



The large flourish stamp I used and embossed was from a new stamp set I picked at a Liquidation store for only $1.88 (can you believe that?!).  It's Kimberly Poloson Flourishes set by FISKARS.  Sentiment is a sticker from an old set I had.  Here's a closer look:



I'm not completely thrilled with the results--sort of rushed to make it today; kiddos kept me rather busy.  I do love the stamp set though, and can't wait to play with it some more.

Thanks 4 your time!

4 comments:

  1. I love this card, Tammy!! BTW - you can reach me at pamela@macmaedesigns.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. well Happy Birthday to the both of you!!! :0) this is an awesome card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you had a great birthday. Luv the large flourish and to think you grab a bargain for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the sketch and making a card from it! That's something I've never done! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!