Thursday, January 5, 2012

CR84FN45 Challenge

I haven't had the chance to play with the gals at the CR84FN blog for a while, but these holidays are giving me the time to get crafty--imagine how much crafting I could do if I didn't have a teaching job . . . ahhh . . . one can dream . . . (don't get me wrong though, I do appreciate my job).

Any who---when I saw this colour combo, I was intimidated. Yikes, what do I do with those colours???

So, as with any challenge I see, I couldn't stop thinking about it. I couldn't let go of the hint of green and floral image in that third photo, so this is what I ended up with:

Here's a close up of that yummy orange seam binding.  I don't own any blue copics that matched the required colour, so I used a Q-Tip to colour in the hydrangea with some Broken China Distress Ink.


Enjoy your day, and consider scattering some seeds of kindness.

Thanks 4 your time!

13 comments:

  1. Works for me!! I really like the image and it's so beautifully coloured! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is phenomenal. I love this color combination and your flowers looks beautiful. Great addition of the seam binding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Tammy! You did an amazing job coloring the beautiful blossom! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just entered the CR84FN45 challenge and saw the thumbnail for your card and had to see the whole thing. It's gorgeous!!! Love that you colored with a q-tip. :)
    ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty! Way to use what you had to colour the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adore it Tammy! Love that pop of orange seam binding!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tammy, that hydrangea is just GORGEOUS! Who needs copics when you have a Q tip! LOL! LOVE the bow and the scalloped edge! PRETTY card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Love how you used the colours of the challenge! So well balanced. Your colouring of the blossom is wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning Tammy! I love your beautiful Hydrangea. Thanks so much for playing at CR84FN. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful! Great job coloring this pretty blomm.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy moly! You coloured that with a Q-tip and distress ink. I am impressed. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!