Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cards for St. Jude

I found Winter Sims' blog a few months ago, and I have always adored her cards.  She has such a great style, and she also has a great heart.  She's kicking off the new year and her blogversary by running a drive for Cards for St. Jude Hospital--be sure to check her post about it for all the details if you want to participate.


Meanwhile, all over blog-world, Valentine's Day cards are in full out production!!  I'm excited about experimenting with this holiday, but there are only so many cards I can make for my hubby, family and friends--so, I'm sending a bunch of them for Winter's Card drive!  Here are a few of the one's I've made so far.  I'm hoping to make a few more before I mail them along soon (never know how long snail mail will take from Canada).

Like I said, I've been wanting to experiment . . . so all of the cards are different.

This first card also works for today's 365 Cards challenge -- Find a Substitute where we had to substitute a word with an image:

I just realized that my letter stickers need to be adhered down a bit better.  Card is DCWV; ribbon is from Michaels' bin; Recollections black and red cardstock; unknown [cheapy] stamp set.  I popped up the heart with foam dimensional after I wrapped some thin wire (I pulled out of wired ribbon for another project) around it.  I'm hoping the blue in it helps give it a more "boyish" feel.

I used my Cricut Storybook cartridge to cut out the Owl for my second card, which has a window:

Card is DCWV; ribbon is from Michaels' bin; Recollections black cardstock; white gel pen for hand written sentiment.

Finally, this last card is made using a small Martha Stewart note card for the base:

Bazzil Yellow-green cardstock scallop cut using Storybook Cricut cartridge; Recollections red cardstock stamped with SU Love definition background stamp is; Studio G sentiment; dollar store flowers; Making Memories brad

Thanks 4 your time!  I encourage you to make some cards for St. Jude too!!

2 comments:

  1. well they all are super and what a great cause to send them to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Tammy! These are all so cute! The kids will love them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!