Monday, January 25, 2010

Welcome Baby card (2 challenges)

I've got a card today that I'm submitting for two challenges. 
365 Cards Day #330 Super Sketchy Sunday:



and Dawn's Inspire Me Challenge #5 asks us to use a piece of "trash"




I had part of this packaging that I got with a set of onesies I received as a gift for my little guy several months ago:

The images of the onesies screamed for me to not toss it, so it's been sitting on my craft table for a while.  When I saw Dawn's challenge, I knew I had to use them.  I made a "boy" coloured card, but since I still have more onesies to cut out, I'm planning to make a "girl" card too [I'll edit my post and add it if I get some time]!

So here's my card.  I popped up the onesies with foam dimensionals.  Oh yeah, the ribbon is repurposed for a gift too!!  That's 2 pieces of TRASH!!


Paper: Recollections blue and white cardstock; Bazzill Kraft  Stamps: Heidi Grace   Ink: SU! Not so Navy and Chocolate Chip; Distress Ink Walnut Stain   OtherFiskars border punch; repurposed ribbon; foam dimensionals

Edit--(addition): Here's the Baby girl card I made--with just one onesie this time.




Thanks 4 your time!  Going to go make my son some lunch now!

9 comments:

  1. SUPER lovely! I love using "junk" for my cards! I didn't know such a challenge till now! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stinkin' cute! I LOVE it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card!! It's amazing what one can do using *trash*. Clever little card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to recycle! Lovely card! Thanx for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those cute cards! What a great way to use trash! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, now how stinkin' clever are you?!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it when people get crafty with everyday stuff that they would normally throw away:-)
    I too have difficuly throwing cute wrapping and tags!! lol!

    Such a pretty card:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!