Saturday, May 8, 2010

Around the World challenge #2

Next stop in the Around the World challenge is Holland!  I was inspired by the colours in the inspiration photo more than anything.  The reds and pale yellow of the tulips made me swoon! 
Here's my card:

I used my favourite digital stamp from Hero Arts (Winged Friends).  Using Word, I over-lapped a few butterflies and added the sentiment.  I coloured in the butterflies with some watercolor pencils (which I'm still trying to figure out), then added some Glossy Accents to the wings.  This was also the first time I tried the ruffled ribbon technique--I love it!!  Thanks to the tutorial on Ashley Cannon Newell's blog here.


DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON MY BLOG CANDY POST (SEE TOP OF MY BLOG). I DRAW FOR A WINNER NEXT SUNDAY (THE 16TH)!!


Thanks 4 your time!


7 comments:

  1. Wow! Tammy!! This is awesome! Not only it's gorgeous, it's also DIGIAL and Hero Arts (my fav.)! I love the Glossy Accent,I bet you are addicted now!! You should submit this for the Hero Arts Flickr (free to join) and submit this to this month's challenge (See http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/may-2010-contest-details/) !! E-mail me if you have any questions ;) Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous ribbon treatment-loved the video, thanks for the link! (i have glossy accents and have never used it!) your butterflies look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly crafted card...the ribbon, the glossy butterflies and the perfect stitching all add up to one lovely and elegant card. I'm so glad I stopped by your blog, I'm totally inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful card i love it =P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love the addition of the Glossy Accents on the wings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!