Saturday, May 1, 2010

Crocus Flowers

I'm still really loving the Woodgrain Silhouettes Stamp set I won from WPlus9 Design Studio!  I LOVED the woodgrain background stamp the moment I saw it on Dawn's blog when she previewed the set, but what I have really have fallen in love with is the crocus flower stamp.  I've made several cards with it and my favourite technique is to create varigated petal colours.  I got the idea from my blog buddy Karen Baker when she posted this card using the same stamp.

Here are just a few of the cards I made with the Crocus flower (all similar layouts; just swapped out the colours).
Varigated PINK: I'm loving the Ripe Avacado with the hot pink ribbon.  The patterned paper is from a K&Company Chrismas paper pad!

 
Varigated VIOLET (oo--there's some alliteration for ya!):  I don't own PTI's Polka Dot Basics (yet--teehee), but I do own PTI's Beautiful Blooms--which has an individual dot stamp.  I painstakingly stamped each dot with Versamark to create my background here.
EDIT:  I've submitted the above cards for this week's CARDS blog challenge about Mother's Day cards.

Varigated BLUE: I added the script stamp (Hampton Art) last minute because I ended up getting some small ink smudges on the white panel while I was distressing the edges.  No need to throw away a mistake when you can cover it up, right?!  Some more patterned paper from my K&Company Christmas pad too. 

Very simple layouts on each of these cards, but they've turned out to be some of my favs!

Thanks 4 your time!

6 comments:

  1. I'm loving the cards you made here, Tammy! SO creative of you to make your own background with the stamps you have and how clever of you to cover up with the "mistake"!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Tammy! The colors are so soft and its wonderful how different each card looks with just the one technique. My favorite is also the flower! I do have to say that I really like the last card and the texture that the script provides, so in my thoughts, it was a good boo boo. It's great when those happen! You've got a great new profile pic too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love how you make your own patterned papers with the stamps! my fav is the last one, but they are all wonderful:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was one of my favorite things too! I love them! Cute cards girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness everyone of these cards are stunning, I'm just loving your blog. Did you add your blog to Vicky's blog hop too? If so I missed it glad I found my way here today. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!