Saturday, May 8, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

It's a dreary morning here.  We just went out to some garage sales (our 3 year old LOVES going to them--it a treasure hunt for toys!)  We ended up getting him a big hockey net--hubby is putting it together right now, so before I start lunch, I thought I'd post a couple of Mother's Day cards I made yesterday.  One is for the current Embellish Mag. challenge:

I got the idea for this Flower pot card from my blog buddy Lynn here.  I really loved this colour combo (then again, I always love Embellish's colour combos . . . and this will likely not be the only card I submit for the challenge). I popped up the flowers with various levels of foam tape.

The flower come up to reveal the inside of the card:

Here's another card I made using some FAB ribbon I found for 50 cents in the clearance bin.  I'm normally not a vintage-type girl, but I really fell for this ribbon.  If you look closely, I also added a pearl pin with some clear beads:

DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT ON MY BLOG CANDY POST (SEE TOP OF MY BLOG).  I DRAW FOR A WINNER NEXT SUNDAY (THE 16TH)!!

Happy Mother's Day to all you crafty moms out there!!

Thanks 4 your time!

11 comments:

  1. So glad you were able to post again! Both your cards are fabulous as always, but I'm swooning over your second one! That ribbon against the purplish is so divine! I have such a hard time with wide ribbon and you are such an inspiration to me to pull it out and do something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these cards are fab! I really like the first one- it's such a neat concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the Embellish! I love how yo used the vintage ribbons. Isn't it great when the product inspires you? Love that and we must shop more :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tammy, your card looks wonderful, girl! LOVE the wood grain on the pot! and your 2nd card is so pretty-maybe vintage is your type:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your boys are so CUTE!!!! Oh, your card is ACE also LOL!!! Love the wee flower pot card design .. and also the floppy bow card.
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I love it. The wood grain on the pot is perfection!

    p.s....I love garage sales but I don't think too many have started yet here in Calgary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet Mother's Day card! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these cards. they are both beautiful. I really like the flower pot design.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are AWESOME! I love your flower pot- how cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. the flower pot idea is so clever. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty, pretty cards! Love the gorgeous flowers. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!