Saturday, May 22, 2010

Back at it!

So I've been back to work for a week now, and I was right in my assumption that I wouldn't have time to post or visit my blog friends much during the week.  By the time I get home from work and picking up the kids, get through dinner, get the boys to bed, and finish up any homework, I'm way too exhausted to craft or blog--gosh, I'm exhausted just typing all that!!   My classes are okay--I have two grade 10 classes that are rather rambunctious, so I've had to reel them in a bit.  They require A LOT of one-on-one attention, but that's always a challenge when there are 24 of them and only one of me!

Any way . . . hopefully I'll have some time each weekend to squeeze in a bit of crafting and a trip into blogland.  I made the following cards last weekend, but just haven't had the chance to upload the photos.  They both follow the current EBTKS sketch  and the first card is also for Color Cue Challenge {4}, for which I used WPlus9's Woodgrain Silhouette's woodgrain stamp to create my stripes. 

I did add some silver glitter to this card (hope it still counts for the color challenge!)

I used some MS ribbon tape I've had forever but had never used for this next card.  I've also had that metal accent forever too, so it was nice to give some old things a purpose!


Also, I have to show you this card I whipped up last night for my son's friend's 4th Birthday (party was today).  I applied some Colorbox Frost White pigment ink onto some textured sky blue cardstock using a small sponge, and I LOVE how my sky turned out!!  I popped up the banner to add the feel that it was actually flying across the sky.  This is the first child's birthday card I've made, so I was pleased with how it turned out!! (hmm, besides my penmanship on the banner--got to work on that)
Here's a closer look:

Thanks 4 your time!  I think I'll spend the evening making some cards  :)


10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...I am going to have to try to create that sky! What a great idea...I love this card...everything about it...4s in the background...banner...just so cute! One of my boys would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are amazing-the woodgrain in the first is spectacular! And your handwriting is fine, I had to look again when you mentioned it was your own. Wonderful jobs on these cards, and good luck with school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so great! And I'm uber impressed that you got so many done! WOW! Love the sky you created- very realistic! Love all the panels you've created on the other cards too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love LOVE how that sky turned out, indeed! WOWOWOWO! These cards are ROCKIN', girl! I'm delighted that you joined in for Dawn's Color Cue, but also added these other wonderful pieces for us to drool upon! TWO great challenges combined for one fantastic card! YIPEE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all your cards, I can not believe you fit so much into your very full life! Way to go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet baby card and the sponged sky on the textured paper really turned out beautifully:) have fun creating today:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! I like them all, but I really love the birthday one! Thanks for playing with us in the EBTKS Challange! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these are fantastic! I agree, love the embossing, love your sky, and your penmanship is great!

    Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, I love how bright and cheery this card looks! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow such great cards! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!