Wednesday, April 28, 2010

3 Cards--3 Challenges

I've made quite a few cards in the last couple of days, but haven't got around to posting, so I'm gonna try to post a few challenges in one.  So grab a coffee/tea/coke (whatever drink you like) and here we go . . .

Embellish Color Challenge w/ Embossing:
I love the vibrant pink of the flower in the inspiration photo:

Here's my card (pink polka dots are heat embossed--you can sort of tell on the bottom right of the card, and the blue is a lot more vibrant IRL):
I made the flower out of . . . get this . . . the elastic corners of an old fitted bed sheet!!  I was cutting up an old flannel sheet into rags, and when I was trimming off the elastic corners, I was left with this:  
. . . which made me think of rolling it up to get something like this . . .
I hand stitched it at the bottom to keep it together, added a button to the centre, and Voila!  I got this flower:


Some more vibrant pink flowers--this time with beautiful peonies (one of my favourite flowers--they smell just as good as they look!!)

I just got Wplus9 Studio's new Woodgrain Silhouettes stamp set and was super excited to ink it up.  This is the first card I made with the set.  (You'll be seeing a lot more cards with that set--I'm really liking it!!)

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger--Pool Inspiration:
Don't you just to jump right into this picture and lounge on that couch with a cool beverage?  Sure beats the cold and windy weather we've been having the last couple of days.
I loved the crisp white on the couch, and since there was a tree in the photo, I had to use my new large woodgrain stamp.  I stamped it a few times and then set it with white embossing powder.  I also loved that hint of aqua peeking in the corner of the photo!

Pheww!  Enough posting--I want to go get inky!!

Thanks 4 your time!

18 comments:

  1. you've been busy-love your flower and your moxie card:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your cards! Especially that awesome flower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! You've been so busy- and everything looks great! That flower is totally cool- and I love that you needed to get that blue in there on the moxie card too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I'll start with the first. Awesome flower. So inspiring to see how you made it. Second card: I love love love Dawn's set too, but haven't yet tried to cut around an image like that. Totally looks cool and makes the card. Last card, my favorite, I think you really took a good look at the TT and made it into one divine card. Something about that white on river rocky color makes me think of birch trees. And I love birch trees. The peek of aqua is so fresh too! Love all your cards Tammy, keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great moxie fab card! i loved the bit of blue water too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards Tammy and I love that flower. That is what I call creative recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE both cards, Tammy...you clever girl. that flower embellie is so unique...LOVE IT:) thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've sure been busy!!! mega lovely.
    Angela xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards, Tammy! Thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call this week! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE your Moxie Fab card - I need to get that wood grain stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love that! That flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have certainly been a busy bee! these are all great cards, esp love what you have done with the elastic- what a fantastic idea!! thanks for playing along with us at the curtain call this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards. I really like the flower on the top card. What a fabulous idea! Way to reuse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome "take" on the Tuesday Trigger -- the wood grain is way cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Tammy! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are all great, Tammy! I love the flower on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful cards, Tammy! Your flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!