Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Curtain Call--Act #24

I LOVE colour challenges--probably because they're such a great starting point and they compel me to use colours I may have never combined otherwise.  Stacey's combos always inspire (especially when she includes kraft--my fav!).  Curtain Call Act # 24 is . . .

And here's my card:
I know, the flower has been used by a lot of people for a while now, but I had one sitting on my desk and had not got around to using, so I took it apart, inked it up with Colorbox Amber Clay (closest I had to Saffron), and added the green button.  I originally had a plain kraft background with just the flower focal point and sentiment--but I`ve been trying to add more to my safe CAS style.  What do you think about the added leaf background.

Thanks 4 your time!

8 comments:

  1. love your card, Tammy! i never get tired of those fab flowers...you bg stamping and stitching are awesome:) thanks so much for playing the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I love ALL types of cards, but when I see a good C&S it is so inspirational! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean, simple and fabulous! Thanks for playing along with the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the white leaves on the kraft and your flower is fabulous. Thanks for playing the Curtain Call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, really really neat take on the challenge! I don't think I will ever tire of seeing these flowers, each one can be so different. And I really like your clean and simple style too, but the leaves to bring in an added texture and pull in the theme of nature. I think it was a good idea to stamp them all around your card and in a random fashion, as one probably would have looked odd, and if they were coming from behind your flower panel, it would have distracted from it. Well, those are my thoughts anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very lovely, Tammy! I love the background and the design! The flower is gorgeous, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow wow and more wow!! this is a stunning card, especially the flower! I feel the same way about the challenges, never in my wildest dreams would I have used some of the combos, but they always seem to work! thanks for playing along with us this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is an awesome card! Thanks so much for taking the time to play the Curtain Call this week!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!