Monday, April 19, 2010

Day 50 -- Digging Deep

Haven't play along at 365 Cards in what seems like forever!!  But when I saw today's challenge, I figured it was a good way to make a card and tackle some cleaning of my craft table.  The Day 50 challenge is called "Digging Deep" and asks to use three things:


1. An item that is more than a year old--the green card base from a DCWV box set (never could get around to use that colour)
2. Something that you were given that you have never used -- the decorative brad was from a big scrapbooking tote filled with goodies my sister gave me a couple of years ago too.
3.Something you forgot you had.-- the patterened paper is from a mat pad of K&Company Christmas Cheer paper (found it in the bottom of a drawer).

I decided to make an anniversary card (I have a lot of those coming up!), and when I saw the fab flower on this card that my blog buddy Lynn made last week, I knew I wanted to try one myself (check Lynn's blog for a link to a tutorial on how to make the flower).  So, without further ado, here it is:

Here's a close up of the flower--definitely want to practice making more. 

 



Thanks 4 your time!

9 comments:

  1. Hello Tammy! Thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog! Wow...I love your card especially your handmade flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your flower is beautiful, tammy! aren't they easy? and don't they look great?! i sat down last night and made several in different colors-hope you don't get sick of seeing them:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous flower...I must learn to make those.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flower IS fabulous :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright and cheery card! I need to learn how to do that flowers just to fill a whole t-shirt with them for this summer ;)
    Hugs from Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely beautiful, love the colors and the design. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic digging! Don't you love finding treasures in your stash?! Thanks for playing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, wow, wow - so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!