Wednesday, April 21, 2010

One Layer Card Challenge

I have to thank Kristina Werner for her current challenge to create a "one layer" card. I don't remember the last time I made a card that was only one layer--and I don't know why.  Kristina's challenge reminded me of how much fun they can be . . . and how quick and easy they can be too.  I created two last night, but I have ideas for a few more, so you may see some more in near future posts.

Here's my first card.  I think I may make a set of them (switch up the sentiments and layout, but keep the flower stamp and colours).  I coloured the flowers in with markers and added some highlights with a white pencil crayon.

For my next card I coloured in the baby buggy with pencil crayons and blended colours with some mineral water.  I scalloped the side edges to mimic the scallop trim on the buggy.

Thanks 4 your time!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Tammy, love the Kraft base with the splash of colour and that pram is very cute. Good luck with the challenge:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. making a set of the first card, is a great idea-your flowers are so colorful on the kraft!

    i really like the scallop idea, too:)you might just see that idea on my card soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are fantastic. Its hard to remember the impact a one layer card can have. I really like the scallops too on the baby card, it adds just the right touch of whimsy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooooooo, I love your flowery one layer cards! All those yummy colors on the kraft cardstock is just wonderful!!! I am totally putting that one in my inspiration folder!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flower card with the colouring and white highlighting... great one layer cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of these, Tammy!!! The flowers look great and love the scalloped border on both sides on your baby card. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!