Thursday, April 22, 2010

REAL woodgrain!

   I was hoping to get my new Woodgrain stamp set from Wplus9 Studio in the mail by today so I could participate in the current CARDS blog challenge (I'll add the link later--server's currently down), which is to use woodgrain.  Unfortunately, cross border mail service is always slow.  However, this did not stop me!
   In the spirit of Earth Day, I went directly to nature and took some "woodgrain" right off our white birch tree in the backyard.  It's only a couple of years old--you can barely make it out in the background of the photo (camoflauged by our fence).  I peeled a bit of the thin white bark off and stitched it on my card--it was a bit brittle and not quite flat.  I didn't think any adhesive would work well.

I also used my new CutterBee.  Jessica Rosario mentioned a tool like this over on her blog a while back (her cards are simply fabulous--check her out!).  Any way, I've been looking everywhere for one and finally found one today at a discount store (a single row and double row piercer for $3.49)!  It created the small piercings around the card base--SUPER easy to use!  Here's what they look like:

Any way, gotta run and try to figure out what to make for supper tonight.  I rather by crafting than cooking!

Thanks 4 your time!

5 comments:

  1. I love it, Tammy!!! Thanks for the shout out (blush). Your too sweet. Anyway back to the card... isn't it amazing how much detail this little tool adds? And oh how clever of you to use that piece of woodgrain it makes it look so earthy. I'm going to be looking forward to more of your creation :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. how great is that?! way cool, tammy:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. True Earth Day card, Tammy! Love your crativity! Card from the tree bark!! Wow! Wonder what next...? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Just wow. I can only imagine the texture this card has in real life, and the colors. Growing up I always wanted birch trees in my yard, just loved how they looked and peeled and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS on having this card featured in CARDS blog!! Way to go, Tammy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!