Thursday, April 1, 2010

EBTKS Challenge 12-String

So I wanted to do something a bit different with the current EBTKS challenge which asks us to use string.  I thought if this basket idea after picking up a big spool of Hemp Twine the other day. 


The basket didn't take that much time, but the rest of the card took me forever.  It was one of those cards that I didn't have a layout planned ahead of time, so I just kept playing around with ideas until I finally settled on this one . . . not my favourite card, but I'm glad I pushed myself to try something different with that basket.

The sentiment is one of the many I generated a while back on Word and have been featured a lot in my recent posts.

Thanks 4 your time!

10 comments:

  1. Oh...I love what you did with this. I would never have thought of that! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, Tammy! I love your weaving basket!! So creative and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what wonderful basket weaving...such an original idea. Great stitched accents too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty, Tammy! I love your color combo and all that stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You weren't kidding when you said you were trying to come up with something original, this takes the cake! It is so realistic, and I bet the texture is even better. I think the other elements on this card compliment the basket, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I love that basket! Thanks for playing along with EBTKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now how creative is this - so original! I love it and thank you for visiting my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. tammy, this basket is so creative and original-love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. That basket is just gorgeous. I love the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How clever! I love it! Thanks so much for playing with us in the challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks 4 leaving a comment--I love reading them!!